Mansi Basandrai – She Labels Everything!
The definition of being happy changes with each person and so much different as we go through the different phases of our lives. But in the end, what is important is how we embrace each phase and find our happiness in it.
Happiness to me means staying positive, staying calm, stress-free, doing what you love, smiling a lot, being able to laugh when time gets tough, practice compassion and so much more. Staying happy is a constant effort and you need to continue to do what takes to “keep the happy” and to “find your happy”
I will be honest, there are times when I go into that space of self-doubt, self-pity, lacking that confidence and then I realize I am not in the place where I want to be, where I am letting the external factors around me dictate how I feel.
“I believe that the very purpose of our life is to seek happiness.” – Dalai Lama
So, How do I try to stay happy?
- Understand your emotions, in this day and age, Emotional Intelligence is far more important than IQ. Be cognitive of yourself and your surroundings. “Self-awareness, Self-management, Social awareness and Social management” is the crux of what your daily life will bring to you. If you haven’t read this book yet, I would totally recommend – I re-read it once in a while to remind myself what is important
- Set a purpose, having a purpose in life is so important, we might not know it but at least there can be an intention. My intention is to live in the moment and try to experience love, joy, happiness, compassion, empathy in everything I do.
- Look for reasons to be happy, that shift from self -pity to happy means everything. Don’t victimize yourself, no matter what
- Empower yourself, you can’t be hopeless and try to be happy. It’s changing your beliefs about yourself and your surroundings that ultimately help with your growth and how you “find your happy“
- Self Care, I wrote a dedicated blog about this, read here
I am so excited and proud to partner with “Found My happy”. “Found My Happy” is an apparel brand that carries apparel for the whole family and their mission is to “spread more Happy one smile at a time”. Their products are intended to make you smile from the heart, to brighten your day, and to make every experience a happy one. How cool is that? Everything that they create revolves around bringing happiness and joy and I am totally loving that.
They have a lot of clothing and accessories to choose from. And the best part is you can have matching clothes for the whole family.
As a gift to you all, they are offering a coupon code MANSI20 that scores you a 20% discount on any items on their site.
So head over to their website now www.foundmyhappy.com to check all the options.
Some fun facts on what makes me happy:
- My babies, just their smiling faces and twinkle in their eyes make me happy!
- My favorite cinnamon chai, that first sip of the day is everything I ever need
- Long hot showers, sometimes it’s just about spending a few more minutes in the hot shower to get away from your daily chores, its eternity and truly makes me happy! Super hot water calms me down
- My songs playlist and podcasts that I listen to on my phone, on the train to work. It truly is like meditation for me, just that it’s loud Bollywood music ha!
- The fresh morning air, just to breathe it, smell it, calms my mind
- Talking to my friends, the positive people in my life and talking just about anything makes me happy
- Having small conversations with the people at my work cafeteria, in the elevator or even sometimes meaningful or non-meaningful conversations with random people in public, that makes me happy
This list can go on and on without me stopping to write. So, what makes you happy and what do you do to stay happy? Would love to hear from you!